Ex-Premier league Chief names 2 players he warned mourinho not to sign at Man United

Ex-Premier league Chief names 2 players he warned mourinho not to sign at Man United

Former Everton chief Steve Walsh has explained that he warned Jose Mourinho not to sign Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku when he was in charge at Manchester United.

The 55-year-old Englishman also stated how he discussed with Jose Mourinho on how selfish France international Paul Pogba is.

Steve Walsh stressed that Jos Mourinho ignored his advise on Paul Pogba and the former Real Madrid and Chelsea manager went on to sign the Belgian.

"When Jose signed Romelu Lukaku from Everton, I remember saying to him, 'You have to be careful with Lukaku. He is a big baby, you know.

"He said he could handle him. I don't think he really got Lukaku on-side mentally, which you have to do,'' he told The Athletic.

However, Jose Mourinho was sacked at Manchester United in December 2018 after failing to get the best out of Romelu Lukaku and Paul Pogba.

He was even reported to have had bust-up with the France international before he was shown the exit doors at Old Trafford.

Romelu Lukaku on the other hand headed on to Inter Milan in a £73m deal, where he has already struck nine goals in 15 games.

"That is the case with him and Paul Pogba. They aren't my type of players. They are more about themselves than the team,'' Walsh added on Paul Pogba.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...