Chelsea star Fikayo Tomori talks about Nigerian culture and music, reveals how Drogba inspires him

Chelsea star Fikayo Tomori talks about Nigerian culture and music, reveals how Drogba inspires him

Chelsea star, Fikayo Tomori, has named Ivory Coast legend Didier Drogba as a central factor that inspired him to join the Premier League giants as a youngster.

Tomori joined Chelsea academy alongside Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount and luckily the trio rose through the ranks to become fabulous revelations under club's manager and legend Frank Lampard.

At Just twenty one, the Chelsea posterboy has also been handed a dream-fulfilling England call-up by Three Lions coach Gareth Southgate in what ended speculations of his allegiance to Nigeria.

Relishing on his career, Tomori said he was inspired to join Blues because of his admiration for Chelsea legend Didier Drogba, The Nation reports.

"As a kid, I watched Didier Drogba and his exploit at Chelsea inspired kids with African roots like me," the 21-year-old said.

"I met other guys with Nigerian roots like Tammy Abraham and Callum Hudson-Odoi at the academy and that helped me to feel at home.

"Drogba made every member of my household to support the club, and partly because I was there too," Tomori submitted.

Tomori, who revealed it was hard to shun England call-up, also admitted he never forgets his Nigerian roots.

"I am first child and the only son of my parents. My father hails from Osogbo, Osun State, South-West Nigeria.

"I enjoy Nigerian music, I'm Nigerian; it's my culture and I'm very proud of it," the 21-year-old said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...