Tragedy as prominent wrestler dies aged 25 after fatally being struck by truck driver (Photo)

Tragedy as prominent wrestler dies aged 25 after fatally being struck by truck driver (Photo)

Wrestling world has been plunged into mourning following the tragic death of promising star Matt Travis.

The independent wrestler is understood to have died on Saturday, November 9, in a traffic accident.

His trainer Amazing Red confirmed his death through an emotional tweet, hinting the incident had left him devastated.

?s=21

"I just can't. I don't understand life sometimes. I'm gonna try and pull it together for you today. I just want to see you! Talk to you! I'm sorry. I love you Matty," he tweeted.

WWE superstar Curtis Axel led the tributes to the New Yorker who wrestled for both House of Glory, CZW and Gamechanger Wrestling.

?s=21

"My thoughts are with The @HOGwrestling locker room, students, friends, & family. Very sad news," he tweeted.

On their part, All Elite Wrestling tag team Santana and Ortiz devoted their Full Gear match on Saturday night to Travis.

Meanwhile, reports in New York claim the much-liked grappler was fatally struck by a truck driver as he cycled.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...