Liverpool vs Man City: Mane responds to Guardiola's attack on him ahead of EPL clash

Liverpool vs Man City: Mane responds to Guardiola's attack on him ahead of EPL clash

Liverpool ace, Sadio Mane, has hit back at Manchester City boss, Pep Guardiola, after the former Barcelona coach accused him of diving.

Man City face title rivals Liverpool this weekend in the Premier League and Guardiola has already started the mind-games ahead of the fixture.

Speaking over the weekend, Guardiola said: "It's happened a lot for Liverpool in the last years [scoring late on].

"It's because [Mane] is a special talent. Sometimes he's diving, sometimes he has this talent to score incredible goals in the last minute. He's a talent."

Asked about Guardiola's comments on Wednesday, the Senegal international laughed off the comments, insisting he will not change the way he plays.

"If it could be a penalty for sure I will 'dive' again," Mane was quoted by Mirror UK as saying. "If the dive will give me a penalty then I will do it to get it back. Why not?

"But what Jurgen said is correct. I do not dive.

"Even though I saw him commenting about it, what he said, for me, I think it's positive.

"The only thing I can say I will be ready for the team, to give everything possible, and to help my team.

"If I get a penalty, yeah it's a penalty. If no penalty, no penalty, but it will never change the way I'm playing or the way I'm doing my things."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...