Europa League: Solskjaer confirms four players will miss Man Utd, Partizan match

Europa League: Solskjaer confirms four players will miss Man Utd, Partizan match

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has confirmed that Victor Lindelof, Eric Bailly, Tim Fosu-Mensah and Paul Pogba will miss the Red Devil's UEFA Europa League match against Partizan Belgrade on Thursday night at Old Trafford due to injuries.

Solskjaer's side head to the clash following a 1-0 defeat to Bournemouth in the Premier League last weekend.

Speaking ahead of the clash, Solskjaer told MUTV on Wednesday in his pre-match press conference: "No, Victor is out, so he won't be available. Hopefully, he can make the weekend but I'm not sure.

"Eric and fellow absentee Tim are working on the grass, they're working with the fitness staff. I think we can see them coming into training, especially Eric, in the next two to three weeks. Hopefully, he can join the boys and he won't take too long.

"Maybe we'll see them in a Reserves [Under-23s] game but I think they've both come through the surgery well.

"I think Paul said it himself, didn't he? It won't be too long until he's out of his cast and he's going to work through the international break. Hopefully, we'll have him back in early December."

The kick-off time for the match is 9pm.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...