Chelsea vs Ajax: What Lampard said about Champions League clash, Kante, Mount

Chelsea vs Ajax: What Lampard said about Champions League clash, Kante, Mount

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has said that he expects his side to qualify for the next round of the UEFA Champions League when they clash with Ajax on Tuesday night.

According to Lampard, Chelsea needs to be at their best to beat the Dutch giants at Stamford Bridge.

He also said that he was proud of attacking midfielder, Mason Mount, and France star, N'Golo Kante is available for selection against Ajax.

"After losing the opening game we have shown a great reaction. It is expected of Chelsea to go through, it is maybe why we had the reaction after Valencia. We need to have the same attitude as the last results," Lampard was quoted by Football London as telling reporters in his pre-match press conference on Monday at Cobham.

"I don't like to say that. I felt at the start it would be tight. We have had two good results, another one would be great for us. But the danger of Ajax is massive.

"The game will be similar, Ajax had won all their games. We did the things that we needed to do to stop Ajax. It was a fantastic game to look back on, we need to be at our best.

Lampard added: "Kante is in the squad. It looks like the injuries are clearing up. So available.

"I am really proud of Mason Mount. His loan spell in Holland and the Championship, I saw the quality and character. He might have exceeded our expectations. The next story is up to him. He has to keep working."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...