Enyeama reveals name Ibrahimovic called him, chat with Messi

Enyeama reveals name Ibrahimovic called him, chat with Messi

Former Super Eagles goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has opened up his on-field encounters with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Lionel Messi.

Enyeama, who played for Lille in France, came up against Ibrahimovic when the Swedish striker played for Paris Saint-Germain.

He also came face to face with Messi at two different World Cups.

Enyeama told GFFN: "Unfortunately I never had a word with Zlatan (on the pitch), you wouldn't believe that. Because, I don't know. I never had a word from him. I tried... We had chats off the field, before the match. He used to call me like black mamba. Like: 'Oh, black mamba, you are here again, we are going to deal with you today.' I said ok (laughs). We used to joke off the field, but on the pitch he never said a word to me...

"I had a chat with Messi (on the pitch) once, I can't even remember what he was saying. I think I told him you hit the ball out and he said no it was your player. But we had fun.

"I am not a player who is hard on players, because football is a game, it is just for fun, it is joy, it is for happiness. It is not for us to get angry, quarrel with people, get sad. Some people trash talk, but it was not for me."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...