Trouble for Barcelona manager Valverde as Messi reveals 1 major thing he doesn't like

Trouble for Barcelona manager Valverde as Messi reveals 1 major thing he doesn't like

Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi has stated emphatically that he does not like being substituted in a match which could be said to be a clear message to Ernesto Valverde.

Lionel Messi has been impressive for years since he began his career at Barcelona La Masia Academy and he has won five Ballon d'Or award in his career.

And in an interview with TyC Sports, Lionel Messi explained that he prefers coming from the bench to play rather than leaving while the match is on.

He added that he even likes coming in towards the end of any match claiming that the opponents would have been tired by then.

''I don't like to go off, I prefer to come on from the bench and play less than to go off.

"I say that because many games are resolved at the end or you find more space because the opponents are tired then.

I prefer to come on and enjoy it than to go off and miss the best bit,'' Lionel Messi explained.

Meanwhile, Barcelona are currently occupying second position on the Spanish La Liga table with 19 points after nine games played.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...