Barcelona legend, Lionel Messi finally names Ronaldo as best striker in history

Barcelona legend, Lionel Messi finally names Ronaldo as best striker in history

Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi has named Ronaldo Nazario de Lima as his best striker in the history of the game.

Ronaldo had won the hearts of many fans across world with his dribbling skills, as well as power and precision in front of goal.

Highlights of his illustrious football career include winning the 2002 World Cup with Brazil in Japan.

Asked who he thinks is the best striker of all time, Messi snubbed his closest rival Cristiano Ronaldo and his teammate Luis Suarez.

"Ronaldo [Nazario] was a phenomenon, Of all the strikers I ever saw, he was the best," Messi told TyC Sports.

"He was impressive," he added.

Speaking on his best strike partner for Barcelona, Messi said: "Ronaldinho helped me a lot. I came into the dressing room at 16-17 years of age, seeing all those footballing giants made it tough.

"But he mentored me and made me feel comfortable, and I loosened up. Afterwards on the pitch, I always looked for him but we didn't have many years to enjoy together. Besides, we didn't play as much at that time. I would have liked to play more with Ronaldinho.

"I have played five years with Luis Suárez. Playing every 3 days, you get used to each other and play by heart. We have children of the same age, spend our lives together every day, and the relationship is growing ever stronger."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...