EPL club signs Nigerian striker who scored 35 goals for Man Utd

EPL club signs Nigerian striker who scored 35 goals for Man Utd

English Premier League (EPL) club, West Ham United have completed the signing of Nigerian striker, Mipo Odubeko, who scored 35 goals for Manchester United youth team last season.

Odubeko, 17, will feature for the Hammers' U18 team.

West Ham made this known in a statement on their official website on Friday.

The statement read: "West Ham United are delighted to announce the signing of highly-rated young striker Ademipo 'Mipo' Odubeko.

"Odubeko joins the Hammers after spending his schoolboy years at Manchester United, where he scored 35 goals and netted on his U18 Premier League debut last season, and will now continue his development at the Academy of Football."

"It's a really exciting day. I've been waiting for this move for a while, so I'm looking forward to getting started," Odubeko told the club's official website.

"West Ham is a club with a lot of history behind it. It promotes its young players, so it's a great opportunity for me to develop my game and help the team.

"I'm looking forward to moving to London - it'll be a little different to Manchester, so it's an exciting challenge.

"I always set high expectations for myself, so I'm looking to score a lot of goals for West Ham this season."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...