Champions League: What Lampard said about Christian Pulisic after Chelsea's 1-0 win over Ajax

Champions League: What Lampard said about Christian Pulisic after Chelsea's 1-0 win over Ajax

Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, has hailed winger, Christian Pulisic, following the Blues' UEFA Champions League 1-0 victory over Ajax on Wednesday.

According to Lampard, Pulisic deserved a huge credit after the 21-year-old's brilliant performance against Ajax.

Michy Batshuayi scored the only goal of the match in the second half of the encounter following an assist from Christian Pulisic to give Lampard's men all three points against the host in Amsterdam.

"You have to give Christian (Pulisic) huge credit, because the assist was as important as the goal," Lampard was quoted by Football London as telling reporters after the match.

"His performance tonight and the last couple off the bench might show that. I didn't listen to the outside talk. I understood the quality of Christian, he is just 21. I have options.

"Christian wants to know what is going on always. I have stayed calm with it. He wants to do well. Training like he has makes me very happy."

Lampard added: "We respected Ajax, that is how we should be. I do focus on ourselves. The great thing at the moment is the desire and I think we are in the right direction. The signs are good. Five wins in a row can be dangerous, six wins could be even more dangerous."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...