Angry Chelsea fans name 1 star Lampard must drop from starting XI

Angry Chelsea fans name 1 star Lampard must drop from starting XI

Chelsea keep their Premier League title contention alive after beating Newcastle United on return from international break at Stamford Bridge this weekend.

Marcos Alonso scored the only goal that separated the two sides after regulation period with the Blues sitting 4th on the table pending the outcome of Arsenal match on Monday.

Frank Lampard's men have 17 points from nine EPL matches - having drawn two and lost two earlier in the season.

However, some Chelsea fans are not satisfied with Ross Barkley despite the win as they urge the manager to drop the England international from his starting line up.

The 25-year-old was helped out of the pitch in the 43rd minute due to injury and was replaced with Mateo Kovacic for the remainder of the fixture.

One Blues supporter said: "Announce Barkley sale! He isn't Chelsea material and will never be.

While another said: "Lampard never put Barkley in Match again he doesn't do well."

"This guy is not worth the time you giving him," added a disgruntled fan.

"Why frank plays Barkley? Is it because he is British? We all know Barkley has got no talent, in fact not Chelsea material, he is useless," tweeted one supporter.

Another fan said: "Ross Barkley is bad!! with RLC [Ruben Loftus-Cheek] nearing a return to fitness, I'm not sure if he (Barkley) will even be making the match day squad!"

"Barkley only plays well for england, he been at chelsea now 3 years I have not seen no potential," said another fan.

"He done want to work hard for the team get rid of him in jan we should double the 15 million we payed for him."

Meanwhile, Lampard is not willing to give up on his midfielder just yet as he hopes to continue to help with his development at Stamford Bridge.

The boss believes the England international has a lot more to offer, saying that the player is reachable and will help his improvement on the game.

"One thing I have found from working with Ross is that he really wants to learn and improve," said the Chelsea boss, after this weekend's clash against Newcastle.

"He wants to listen and he has great talent. That is probably why people have judged him to be at a level from a young age because we do get excited when a great talent comes through in England.

"His move here to Chelsea, where it is competitive, has given him challenges, and it is up to him to show what he showed for England on Monday night, and what he is showing in parts already since I have been here.

"Midfield players who can go by a player and who can use right and left foot and conjure a moment out of nothing are gold..

"But then you have to have the complete game with that and Ross certainly has those talents and can get better."

Chelsea have now shifted focus to their Champions League tie against Ajax on Wednesday as the race to progress to the round of 16 heats up.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...