Ibrahimovic reveals 1 Maradona's footstep he wants to equal before quitting football

Ibrahimovic reveals 1 Maradona's footstep he wants to equal before quitting football

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he's wants to emulate football legend Diego Maradona by returning to the Italian topflight after seeing out current contract with MLS giants LA Galaxy.

The Swedish icon, who has plied his trade with the likes of Juventus, Inter and AC Milan, claims he's eyeing a new experience at Maradona's former club Napoli.

"I am 38 years old and have the enthusiasm of a kid, with that same desire to win," Ibrahimovic was quoted as saying to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"That, for me, is everything.

"I am not yet thinking about my future, as I will evaluate with my family.

"In order to continue playing, I need something special that can keep that fire burning within me, whether it's here or elsewhere. "Italy is my second home.

"I will listen to all offers, but I want to fight for the maximum target.

"If I were to come back, I'd want to challenge for the Scudetto, not just be signed by someone because I am Ibrahimovic.

"I can still make the difference, I'm not a zoo animal to be put on display for people to see.

"I can still get 20 goals in Serie A.

"Having experienced spells at some of Italy's top clubs, Ibrahimovic has sounded out a possible move to Napoli.

"With me, the Stadio San Paolo would be full every Sunday.

"And then there's Carlo Ancelotti, a great coach," Ibrahimovic submitted.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...