Drogba sends message to Lukaku

Drogba sends message to Lukaku

Chelsea legend, Didier Drogba, has backed Inter Milan striker, Romelu Lukaku, to establish himself as one of the best strikers in the world.

Drogba, who said Lukaku is like a son to him, explained that the Belgium international is always eager to learn.

Lukaku left Manchester United in last summer's transfer window to join Inter Milan but the Ivory Coast legend believes people will only appreciate the 26-year-old's attributes when they look back on his career.

"Romelu is like a son to me," Drogba told HLN.

"When he came to our cloakroom in Chelsea at the time, there was an immediate click between us.

"Also because he literally knew everything about me. Romelu could describe in detail every goal I had ever scored. In fact, he even knew which football boots I had played with. (laughs)

"But it wasn't because of that knowledge that we agreed well. Because of Romelu's personality. It is so beautiful.

"He shows respect for everyone. And he is eager to learn - he constantly came to ask for advice.

"Not least when it seems like the whole globe is against Lukaku. But that criticism shows that Romelu is world top. Only later will the supporters realize how good Romelu was when they look at his achievements.

"Now they are used to their phenomenal performances - success is used, also for the fans -, but there comes a time when that is no longer the case. And then only the memory remains. (Pauses for a moment) Ah, that is not immediately, though.

"Romelu is still not at its top, has a lot of progression. He is only getting better."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...