Champions League: Nigerian striker reveals why he did Ronaldo celebration against Real Madrid

Champions League: Nigerian striker reveals why he did Ronaldo celebration against Real Madrid

Club Brugge's Emmanuel Dennis has revealed his love for Juventus superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo, made him perform his celebration against Real Madrid.

Dennis scored a brace, as they held Zinedine Zidane's side to a 2-2 draw in Tuesday's UEFA Champions League fixture.

After bagging the memorable first-half goals at Santiago Bernabeu, Dennis decided to troll Madrid supporters with Ronaldo's iconic 'Siii' celebration.

"Yes, I did a Cristiano Ronaldo goal celebration when I scored. I've been a Cristiano fan forever and I was very upset when he left Madrid. So I decided that if I scored in the Bernabeu tonight that's what I'd do.

"Everyone expected them to beat us easily. We prepared for them, we believed and we had a good feeling.

"We took the lead with two goals, and obviously it would have been better to have beaten them too. I am a little bit disappointed in a way, but also happy that we won a point against a big team," Dennis told reporters after the game.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...