Mourinho reveals country he will not return to take up his next job

Mourinho reveals country he will not return to take up his next job

Jose Mourinho has said he does not expect his next coaching position to be in Italy.

The 56-year-old won five major honours during his two seasons at Inter Milan, including a historic treble in 2010.

Mourinho hinted after that victory at the Santiago Bernabeu that it would be his last match in charge and he officially departed less than a week later to take over at Real Madrid.

Despite happy memories of his time in Italy, the Portuguese doesn't see a return to the game there, although he says it was hard to leave.

"My future? I don't think it will be in Italy," Mourinho told Italian TV show Tiki Taka.

Opening up on his exit from Inter nine years ago, Mourinho said: "Inter is my home, my family.

"[Massimo] Moratti is a friend, my president. The story of the treble was fantastic.

"After [the final in] Madrid, if I returned to San Siro to celebrate, I would never leave Inter. When you say goodbye to a family it's a hard thing to deal with.

"That night I already knew I was leaving, I couldn't say no to Real Madrid for the third time."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...