Paris Saint-Germain defender Thomas Meunier aims subtle dig at 'superstar' Neymar

Thomas Meunier doesn't seem impressed by Neymar's summer antics.

The £200m player spent much of the last transfer window pushing for a transfer from Paris Saint-Germain to Barcelona.

Paris Saint-Germain defender Thomas Meunier aims subtle dig at 'superstar' Neymar

However, with the French side refusing to part with their star man, Neymar has since set about redeeming himself on the pitch.

He scored an incredible stoppage-time overhead kick to earn a 1-0 win over Strasbourg and followed that up with another decisive late strike again on Sunday against Lyon.

Despite this, team-mate Meunier has instead heaped praise on new midfield recruits Ander Herrea and Idrissa Gueye.

"We do not take a goal, the opponents are very dangerous, we have good communication.

"And transfers, masterful, Gueye, Herrera - they are 'club men', players fighting, not superstars, people who know what they have to do on the field.

"Marketing is important, but I prefer to play with ten guys who have a leg of wood than ten superstars, because they will give everything."

Neymar applauds the fans despite being booed relentlessly since his return
Inset: Neymar applauds the fans despite being booed relentlessly since his return

PSG manager Thomas Tuchel has insisted Neymar is '100 per cent with us' following his recent displays.

"He laughs, he is reliable, he is completely there with his team-mates. It's normal, it's necessary.

"It's his job. He's here to score and be decisive. It's Neymar. I expect that every time. I am demanding with him.

"This is only his third match in four months. He is not yet 100 per cent and he will do better. He will gain in physical capacity with the matches and this will help him. Ney is always decisive, he is always creative and he looks ahead."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...