EPL: Klopp reveals who should replace him as Liverpool manager

EPL: Klopp reveals who should replace him as Liverpool manager

Jurgen Klopp wants Steven Gerrard to replace him as Liverpool manager, when he eventually leaves his role at Anfield.

The Reds legend, Gerrard is the current Rangers boss, and has guided the Glasgow club to second in the Scottish Premiership, three points behind bitter rivals, Celtic.

Before managing in Scotland, Gerrard was in charge of Liverpool's Under-18s and worked with Klopp shortly after retiring.

"Kenny and Stevie have both been a really big support from day one.

"Second, my position as a manager has nothing to do with the people around me. If Liverpool were to sack me tomorrow, then maybe Kenny would be the first choice to replace me, but they would probably bring Stevie down from Glasgow.

"If you ask who should follow me, I'd say Stevie. I help him whenever I can. If someone gets your job, it's not about them, it's about you not being good enough.

"I'm old enough to know that I give this job everything. I'm not a genius, I'm not perfect, but I give the club 100 per cent. If that's enough, great. If it's not, then it's just the problem of the situation," Klopp told Four Four Two.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...