Chelsea vs Liverpool: Klopp reveals what he told Salah about Mane

Chelsea vs Liverpool: Klopp reveals what he told Salah about Mane

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has said Mohamed Salah was worried he wouldn't get in his first-team ahead of Sadio Mane, when he first contacted the Egyptian to try to sign him.

The Reds splashed out nearly £40million on Salah from Roma in 2017.

He has since proved to be worth every penny, scoring an impressive 75 goals in 111 appearances in all competitions for the club.

Mane had joined Liverpool a year earlier and enjoyed an impressive debut season.

Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports, admits he had to assure Salah he would be an important part of the first-team before he signed.

"It's incredible how they've developed together. The boys are brilliant characters - different but brilliant - but of course we signed (Salah and Mane) because they obviously had outstanding skills.

"I remember when we spoke to Mo the first time, he said 'Yes, but Sadio is playing on the right wing and he's not bad is he?' and I said, 'I know but he can play on the other wing as well'.

"It was clear it wasn't just one pushing the other - they could play together. They're a proper threat. It just works, with Bobby as the connector. Different games can mean different line-ups of course but to have these three in this shape is nice," Klopp said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...