Jurgen Klopp rates Chelsea's decision to sign Christian Pulisic

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has praised Chelsea's decision to sign Christian Pulisic and believes the winger will become a 'proper player'.

The 21-year-old was signed by Chelsea for £58 million and has shown glimpses of his talent since arriving at Stamford Bridge from Borussia Dortmund in the summer.

Pulisic has not featured in Chelsea's last two fixtures but Klopp is confident that the United States international will make an impact at Chelsea.

Asked how will he get on in the Premier League, Klopp replied: 'Unfortunately, good.

'He will be a proper player, he is and he will be, a big talent.

'Dynamic, pretty good with both feet, super-exciting player.

'A good signing, I have to say.'

Klopp was also complementary of Chelsea's squad and believes the club's transfer policy has softened their two-window transfer ban.

'[Callum] Hudson-Odoi hasn't started the season, so they had a couple of problems but I really think they are solid as well,' said the Liverpool boss.

'They lost the Champions League game during the week, I don't think they expected that to happen, but it's the Champions League and it can happen.

'But it will make their experiences, it's a really exciting team.

'It reminds me of my team at Dortmund years back when they were really young, even younger than this team at Chelsea.

'People were always talking about how young they were but they only played because they are that good, not because they are that young.

'They brought in Christian Pulisic in the summer, and all the players around him have the same value.

'Tammy Abraham is now a £60 million player, Mason Mount for sure is £60m, if not more, Hudson-Odoi was before that already.

'You have [N'Golo] Kante who looks like he could play for the next 20 years, so maybe he's 18 physically, it's unbelievable.

'So they have [Mateo] Kovacic, [Ross] Barkley, all this, then they have these experienced guys around them, Pedro, Willian, [Olivier] Giroud from the bench, [Michy] Batshuayi.

'If there's one club I would say in the world that a transfer ban didn't hit that bad it's probably Chelsea because of their transfer policy they did in the last few years with all these players on loan, these high-quality players.

'Tammy Abraham last year scored 20-something goals, the year before he was pretty successful, so it's not that he learnt where the goal is at Chelsea, he found it in different places already.

'So that's a good team, all my respect. They are a proper contender for pretty much everything.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...