Ballon d'Or: Cristiano Ronaldo reveals why he deserves to win more awards than Messi

Ballon d'Or: Cristiano Ronaldo reveals why he deserves to win more awards than Messi

Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo has insisted that he deserves to win more Ballon d' Or than Barcelona's Lionel Messi.

The Portuguese captain believes he deserves more of the world top individual prizes ahead of Messi after establishing himself as one of the greatest players of all time.

Speaking to Piers Morgan in an interview on ITV, the 34-year-old said: "Messi's in the history of football.

"But I think I have to have six or seven or eight to be above him," he said, referring to the Ballon d'Or awards.

"I'd love it, I think I deserve it."

Ronaldo added: "My relationship with him is, we are not friends, but we have shared this stage for 15 years," Ronaldo said. "I know that he has pushed me to be a better player and I have pushed him to be a better player as well."

Ronaldo and Messi recently missed out on this year's UEFA Men Player of the Year to Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk.

The former Real Madrid and Manchester United star will hope to lead Juventus to victory when they take on Atletico Madrid in their UEFA Champions League opener tonight.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...