EPL: Dimitar Berbatov predicts scoreline of Man Utd vs Leicester City

EPL: Dimitar Berbatov predicts scoreline of Man Utd vs Leicester City

A former Manchester United striker, Dimitar Berbatov has predicted Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side to beat Leicester City 2-1 when both sides clash in the Premier League on Saturday at Old Trafford.

Man United head to the game after a 1-1 draw against Southampton in their last Premier League encounter, while Leicester City defeated Bournemouth 3-1.

Speaking to Betfair, Berbatov said: "United have a tough match against Leicester at Old Trafford on Saturday. It could be a particularly difficult one for Harry Maguire who joined them from Leicester in August. Playing against your old club is s***.

"It's very difficult to spend two seasons somewhere - as Maguire did at Leicester and I did at Spurs - showing what you can do then get a big move and have to play against your old teammates with whom you're probably still in touch. 'As hard as you try to be professional, friendships can sometimes get in the way."

Berbatov added: "United's performance against Southampton last time out was not what I want to see from United.

"They need a win but that can make for a tense atmosphere and prevent you from playing good football.

"It will be interesting to see which United players go looking for the ball on Saturday. I really hope they start as if they're desperate to win.

"An early goal would ease the tension but Maguire and his team-mates will need to keep it tight at the back, as they failed to hold on to the lead at Southampton.

"I'm backing United to win a close match and, as they've only kept one clean sheet so far, will go with 2-1 as the score."

The kick-off time for the match is 3pm.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...