EPL: Vidic reveals toughest striker he faced while at Man Utd

EPL: Vidic reveals toughest striker he faced while at Man Utd

Nemanja Vidic has revealed that Manchester City striker, Sergio Aguero, was the toughest opponent he faced while at Manchester United.

The Serbian also admitted a 4-1 defeat to City, was his worst game for the Red Devils.

Vidic enjoyed a glittering career at Old Trafford after joining from Spartak Moscow in 2006, making a total of 300 appearances for the club where he lifted five Premier League titles, three League Cups and a Champions League trophy.

But the 37-year-old has spoken of his displeasure in coming up against Aguero in September 2013.

Speaking to The Athletic, Vidic said: "I played against Aguero when they beat us 4-1 in the Moyes season.

"He (Aguero) looks like he's not interested in football on the pitch. He doesn't look like a guy who will run 10 metres and then - bang - he makes the sprint.

"I'm convinced that Aguero was born as a defender. He knows where the ball will come and where he can attack. But in the box, he has a low centre of gravity, which helps him change direction quickly - especially against the big English defenders.

"That was my worst game for United. I know I'm supposed to choose those two final defeats to and they were horrible to lose. That one in Rome, and Wembley was even tougher."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...