What Andy Ruiz Jr told Anthony Joshua during face-to-face meeting in Saudi Arabia

What Andy Ruiz Jr told Anthony Joshua during face-to-face meeting in Saudi Arabia

Andy Ruiz Jr on Wednesday, warned Anthony Joshua, that he wants more than "15 minutes of fame", when they met at a press conference in Saudi Arabia.

The boxers went face to face for the first time since Joshua was surprisingly beaten by Ruiz Jr in the country that will host their rematch.

"The hunger still remains. I don't want 15 minutes of fame. I want it to last. I want a generation. I want to be a champion for more years.

"Two big heavyweights punching each other in the face, it's going to be exciting.

"I know Anthony Joshua is coming hard, he's coming strong. He's more hungry, he wants his belts back. He's preparing hard, but so am I.

"There's a lot of responsibilities. I'm going to try my best. I'm going to keep those belts and I'm going to have them back in Mexico.

"I'm going to win here in the same fashion that I won on June 1," Ruiz Jr said ahead of defending the IBF, WBA and WBO titles that he took from Joshua.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...