Champions League: Emre Can reacts after being dropped by Sarri from Juventus' 22-man squad

Champions League: Emre Can reacts after being dropped by Sarri from Juventus' 22-man squad

Juventus midfielder, Emre Can, has expressed 'shock' over the decision of manager, Maurizio Sarri, to drop him from the club's first phase squad for the 2019/2020 Champions League season.

We reported on Tuesday night that Can and Mario Mandžukić were the two biggest omissions from Juventus' Champions League squad.

Reacting, Can, who made 37 appearances for Juventus last season after joining the club from Liverpool, suggested that he will look for a move away from the Old Lady in January.

"I'm not in the squad for the Champions League, which really shocked me yesterday, because I was promised otherwise last week," Can told Sky in Germany.

"Consequently I would not have stayed at Juventus, because it was the main condition for me to be part of the Champions League squad.

"It's a deep shock for me and I cannot understand it. I played very well in the Champions League last year. There has not been any explanation yet.

"Juventus called me yesterday, the phone call was less than one minute long and they just told me: "you are not in the squad.

"I must play in the Champions League, I want to play in the Champions League. When I'm back, I'll talk to the club and then we will see what happens."

Juventus are in Group D alongside Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen and Lokomotiv Moscow.

They begin their European campaign against Atletico at the Wanda Metropolitano on September 18.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...