Arsenal vs Tottenham: Pochettino speaks on quitting Spurs after North London Derby

Arsenal vs Tottenham: Pochettino speaks on quitting Spurs after North London Derby

Tottenham Hotspur manager, Mauricio Pochettino, has addressed speculation he could resign next week, no matter the outcome of Sunday's game against Arsenal.

Pochettino has helped establish Spurs as Champions League regulars, during his five-year tenure, but has appeared frustrated this season.

Spurs were stunned by Newcastle at home last weekend and are in the midst of an injury crisis ahead of their trip to the Emirates, where they haven't won since 2010.

Several bookmakers have stopped taking bets on Pochettino, to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post.

But the Argentine insists he has no desire to quit.

"What I can say about it is that is stupidity and rumour.

"I have worked here for five years and now we are working Pochettino 6.0.

"Social media has created this problem But I'm not going to walk away after London derby.

"I am going to be here on Monday. I am then going away and coming back on Friday to meet Daniel.

"I will then watch some international games at weekend before coming back on Monday to prepare for our next match the following weekend," he said at his pre-match press conference.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...