EPL: Solskjaer asked to adopt Mourinho's style on Man Utd players

EPL: Solskjaer asked to adopt Mourinho's style on Man Utd players

Former Tottenham Hotspur star, Jamie Redknapp, has urged Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, to emulate the club's erstwhile boss, Jose Mourinho and 'get tough in public' when speaking about the Red Devils players.

Solskjaer's men were defeated 2-1 by Crystal Palace in the Premier League over the weekend at Old Trafford.

But, Redknapp now wants Solskjaer to be like Mourinho when speaking on Man United players in the public.

"United now have to bounce back, and what I want to see from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is some leadership," Redknapp told Daily Mail.

"I get the sense that is what the club have been lacking lately. I'd like to see Solskjaer get tough in public when he is discussing his players - not to the same extent as Jose Mourinho, but just enough to let them know who is boss."

Redknapp added: "I felt there was a big over-reaction to Paul Pogba's missed penalty against Wolves last week. I shared dressing rooms with a lot of players who did not want to take penalties.

"Pogba had the courage to take one, and Rui Patricio produced a great save.

"At Old Trafford on Saturday, Marcus Rashford took one, hit the post and Manchester United lost 2-1 to Crystal Palace. It happens."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...