EPL: What Lampard said after winning first Premier League game for Chelsea

EPL: What Lampard said after winning first Premier League game for Chelsea

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard has spoken about his first win for the club since his return to Stamford Bridge as a manager.

Lampard also revealed why Pedro did play on Saturday, disclosing that the Spaniard suffered a hamstring during warn up prior to the game.

It was Lampard's first competitive win in charge of Chelsea as two goals from Tammy Abraham and another from Mason Mount ended the winless run for the Blues.

Chelsea had a loss against Manchester United in their first game, followed by a draw against Leicester City either side of a penalty loss against Liverpool to start the season.

"We need to win games, we're Chelsea. Nothing is easy in this league, nothing is a given," Lampard told BT Sport.

"It was a tough test and Norwich will get a lot of points here because they are a really good side and I thought we played really well.

"It was hard here in these conditions and we controlled large parts of the game, but we shouldn't have given two goals away and we need to be more clinical.

"If we are more clinical then we take the game away from Norwich and don't have a nervy last five or 10 minutes.

"But I thought there were some really good elements to our game and I'm pleased. It's a first win as well so I'm really pleased."

"Our performances haven't given us what we've deserved so far. Today it did but, as I said, it could have been more comfortable."

Mason Mount also strained his calf late in the game.

On the injuries, Lampard added, "Pedro felt his hamstring in the warm-up so it could be a small strain there, whereas with Mason it was more of a kick on his calf so hopefully he will recover.

"We adjusted well to that as Pedro was a late change and Ross (Barkley) came in and did really well."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...