EPL: Martial reveals what Solskjaer told him after taking Man Utd No. 9 jersey, speaks on new role

EPL: Martial reveals what Solskjaer told him after taking Man Utd No. 9 jersey, speaks on new role

Manchester United forward, Anthony Martial has revealed that manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told him to take a lot of responsibility and score goals when playing for the Red Devils after taking the club's number 9 jersey.

Martial, who scored a goal in Man United's 4-0 victory over Chelsea in their Premier League opener last weekend, also said that it was a real pleasure to find himself back in a central forward position under Solskjaer.

We reported that Martial took Man United number 9 jersey from Romelu Lukaku after the Belgium international joined Inter Milan on transfer deadline day.

"Now that I've taken the number nine shirt back once again, all he (Solskjaer) has said to me is that I have a lot of responsibility and that I have to score goals, so that's what I'm trying to do," the France internatinal told the United App.

"We work on that a lot in training and I think it's improving all the time.

"Since I was a young kid, I've always played as a striker but, then again, I'm fine with playing more out wide as it's a position that I enjoy playing.

"It's a real pleasure to find myself back in that more central role so I hope I can really help the team from there and go on to score plenty of goals."

Martial will hope to lead Man United to victory when they take on Wolves in the Premier League on Monday.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...