EPL: What Lampard said about FIFA fining Man City after Chelsea received transfer ban

EPL: What Lampard said about FIFA fining Man City after Chelsea received transfer ban

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has had his say on the punishment handed to Manchester City by FIFA.

Despite admitting to similar infringements regarding the signing of players under the age of 16, City were only issued with a fine by world football's governing body.

The Blues were however handed a two transfer window ban, one of which has already been served.

Lampard told reporters on Friday, ahead of this weekend's Premier League clash against Leicester City: "I don't know as I'm not a lawyer. I don't know the details and differences between our case and their case.

"I can't answer that question as such as I don't know enough I'm afraid.

"I'm not dodging it, I genuinely don't and I don't want to comment on that as I don't have a true understanding of the details.

"Of course the ban is something that is there for us at the moment, possibly in January that may change but if not I'm working the same way anyway."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...