Transfer: What Obi Mikel said after signing €3m 2-year deal with new club

Transfer: What Obi Mikel said after signing €3m 2-year deal with new club

Former Super Eagles captain and ex-Chelsea player, John Obi Mikel has spoken for the first time after he was unveiled as a player of Turkish Super Lig side, Trabzonspor on Saturday.

Mikel who joined the Turkish side from Middlesbrough spoke at the contract-signing ceremony attended by President of Trabzonspor, Ahmet Agaoglu at Mehmet Ali Yılmaz Facilities Football Coordination Center.

The former Chelsea defensive midfielder penned a two-year contract worth three million euros with an option for another one year in the club's favour.

Speaking at the signing ceremony, Mikel said, "I would like to thank our President for his nice words. When I came to Trabzonspor, I saw how big a club it was with my own eyes.

"I know that Mr President has made the club stable since he took office and brought Trabzonspor to the places it deserved again.

"I will do everything I can for this team structure consisting of young and talented players, both in and out of the field, whether it be experience or determination and challenge."

Mikel has joined his new teammates in training ahead of Thursday's Europa League third qualifying round match against Sparta Prague.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...