Transfer: Klopp speaks on being jealous of Man City, Real Madrid's spendings

Transfer: Klopp speaks on being jealous of Man City, Real Madrid's spendings

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has insisted he is not jealous of Manchester City or Real Madrid's spending power.

The Reds enter the 2019/2020 campaign as European champions, determined to both defend their crown and topple City in the Premier League.

Klopp's men will be fighting on six fronts this season, with the FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA's World Club Cup also up for grabs.

But only 17-year-old Dutch youngster Sepp van den Berg has arrived this summer at the club

City have already brought in Rodri from Atletico Madrid for a club record £62.8million.

However, Klopp insisted he was happy with the investment in his squad.

"I can't say anything about what other teams are doing.

"I don't know how they do it. We have to pay bills. Sorry! Everybody has to pay bills; we have to pay bills.

"We invested money in this team. Now it looks like we are not. But we are not in this fantasy land where you just get whatever you want.

"You cannot do it constantly.

"It looks like there are four clubs in the world who can do it constantly. Madrid, Barcelona, City and PSG. Whatever they need, they do.

"You cannot compare that. That is the situation.

"It is NOT a criticism. I know how people will take it, that I am jealous or whatever. I am not at all jealous!" he told reporters.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...