Transfer: Ajax winger, Ziyech reveals club he snubbed this summer

Transfer: Ajax winger, Ziyech reveals club he snubbed this summer

Ajax winger, Hakim Ziyech has confirmed that he rejected the chance to join Sevilla this summer.

According the Morocco international, he will remain with the Dutch champions until he can find a "perfect picture" elsewhere.

The 26-year-old enjoyed his best campaign to date with Ajax last season, scoring 16 goals and adding 13 assists as he helped the club reclaim the Eredivisie crown.

Ziyech's impressive campaign has seen top clubs in Europe look in his direction with Arsenal and Liverpool monitoring his situation.

The player has now confirmed Sevilla made an offer which he turned down.

"I feel at home here and get to play a lot.

"I think Sevilla is from the same level as Ajax and I don't switch Ajax for nothing.

"The right club didn't make an offer yet, so for now I just stick with Ajax and do my very best on the field.

"I think everybody gets along really well. It's a great team. We have fun and you shouldn't give that up for nothing. You shouldn't leave because of leaving; it has to be something you fully approve.

"Like I always said: it has to be the perfect picture. Everything needs to be right. I won't leave Ajax until I have that feeling," Ziyech told Fox Sports following Ajax's 2-0 win over PSV in the Dutch Super Cup.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...