Transfer: Klopp speaks on Bale joining Liverpool from Real Madrid

Transfer: Klopp speaks on Bale joining Liverpool from Real Madrid

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has dismissed speculation about making a move for Gareth Bale this summer, stating that they need a team rather than individuals.

Bale appears certain to depart the Bernabeu after a public fall-out with manager Zinedine Zidane.

The Wales winger has subsequently been linked with a big money move to China, but could yet remain in Europe if a potential buyer is willing to meet his high wage demands.

Speaking ahead of their pre-season match against Sporting Lisbon, Klopp said: "These fantastic football players have some strange ideas. I respect them all so much, but they probably only say these things because somebody asked them.

"Bale is a Real Madrid player and if he leaves it will be outstandingly expensive and big wages.

"He is an outstanding player, I like him a lot but it is not about him. You have to create a team. A team is not a collection of the best individual players, they have to work together.

"Liverpool is a long-term project. The team is really good. Will there be difficult situations? Probably. There would be if we bring in a new player, or two or three. I didn't say we won't do anything, it is going to be a big window for sure but people don't think about the people who are already in.

"Sometimes you have to calm the situation down, pay your bills, have a normal life and live in the house before you build a new one."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...