Jubilation as president Buhari promises bronze winning Super Eagles 1 stunning gift

Jubilation as president Buhari promises bronze winning Super Eagles 1 stunning gift

Nigeria's Super Eagles returned to the country on Friday after their bronze winning Africa Cup of Nations outing in Egypt.

Coach Gernot Rohr's men defeated Tunisia 1-0 on Wednesday, July 17 to finish third best team at the tournament.

On arrival from the north African country, the three time AFCON champions were received by many at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

However, president Muhammadu Buhari was said to have promised to offset their allowances in a matter of days while commending their efforts at the championship.

Secretary to the government of the federation, Boss Mustapha, delivered the message on behalf of the head of states, adding that they were good ambassadors of the country away from home.

"Let me warmly welcome our great team from Cairo, Egypt. You had great team spirit and ruggedness in the competition and that is very commendable .

"Let me assure you that Mr President has taken speedy action about your allowances and very soon you will receive them, I assure you of that, '' Mustapha said.

He further reiterated the commitment of the federal government to empowering the youths especially through sport.

While players like John Mikel Obi and Striker, Odion Ighalo did not return with the team back to Nigeria, Ahmed Musa led the rest of the team back to the country.

Other stars who returned with the team are Kenneth Omeruo, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Wilfred Ndidi, Chidozie Awaziem, Victor Oshimen, Samuel Chukwueze, Shehu Abdullahi, Daniel Akpeyi, Paul Onuachu and Francis Uzoho were also on the plane back to Nigeria.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...