EPL: Klopp reveals why he won't sign new Liverpool contract

EPL: Klopp reveals why he won't sign new Liverpool contract

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has admitted he is not in a rush to discuss a new contract, with three years left on his deal.

The German also refused to confirm that he would stay at Anfield beyond 2022.

He has however assured fans that he will not leave before then.

"I will not leave before the contract is ending. That is my side. That is why a contract is important.

"We have enough time to make decisions in that department. There is no need to do it now. Three years is really a bit early to be concerned. It is just a contract.

"The owners like what I do; I like what the owners are doing. I love the team, they are brilliant. Melwood is sensational. I'm looking forward to going to Kirkby [the new training ground] and all these things. There is always a step forward," Klopp told reporters on their pre-season tour.

The 52-year-old admitted he enjoys being a popular figure, but does not want to overstay his welcome.

"I don't want ever to be in a situation where people are annoyed that I am still here. That's the truth.

"You have that situation in football. It must always be a win-win situation.

"At the moment, it is 100 per cent and we will see how long that will be. Whatever discussions came up ... I saw a few headlines that I will finish for sure in three years, that I will sign a contract and all that stuff.

"I have three years. It is all good. The age group of the boys is good, my age is good for what I have to do. It's strange that we talk about it three years before," Klopp added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...