Chelsea away kit 2019/20: Blues release Mod-inspired Nike away shirt

Chelsea have released their away kit for the 2019/20 season in a subtle nod to London's fashion history.

The shirt, produced by American sports brand Nike, is a white jersey which takes its lead from Mod subculture complete with a button-down collar.

Ceasr Azpilicueta, Ethan Ampadu and N'golo Kante model the new strip
Inset: Ceasr Azpilicueta, Ethan Ampadu and N'golo Kante model the new strip

And this collar is trimmed with red and blue stripes, fastened in the centre by two buttons, both inscribed with the phrase: 'The Pride of London.'

The jersey's sleeves also have a red and blue trim, while the shorts are white and the socks are blue but boast a white, red, white stripe midway up the calf, similar to the famous Mod target symbol.

Chelsea Women's forward Fran Kirby said: "The kit is really beautiful, with so many nice touches.

"I know a little bit about Mod fashion and culture and you can see its influence on the kit. I think it's a shirt you could wear to the game, but also in any situation, and I'm sure the fans will like it."

The kit doesn't come cheap though with the shirt setting fans back £64.95. They can be purchased on nike.com.

There have been big changes at Chelsea this summer with club legend Frank Lampard being appointed manager following Maurizio Sarri's departure to Juventus.

The Blues begin their campaign with a tough trip to Manchester United in the Premier League on August 11.

It's unclear when Chelsea will showcase their Mod kit for the first time but for now you can just enjoy more pictures of their new garms.

Fran Kirby is a huge fan of the new kit
Inset: Fran Kirby is a huge fan of the new kit

Club captain Azpilicueta is expected to wear this kit a number of times
Inset: Club captain Azpilicueta is expected to wear this kit a number of times

Chelsea away kit 2019/20: Blues release Mod-inspired Nike away shirt

It's not clear how many times Ampadu will wear this kit as he's been linked with a loan move away

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...