Liverpool striker who is wanted by Barcelona signs new contract deal at Anfield

Liverpool striker who is wanted by Barcelona signs new contract deal at Anfield

Belgium international Divock Origi has committed his future to Premier League giants Liverpool after signing a new long term deal at Anfield.

The 24-year-old striker was impressive last season for Liverpool in all competitions helping the Reds to win the 2018/19 Champions League title.

Origi who joined Liverpool in 2014 from Lille scored the second goal in Liverpool's Champions League final win against Premier League rivals Tottenham.

He was also impressive in the semifinal second leg clash against Barcelona where he scored twice against the Spanish champions at Anfield.

"I'm very happy to be able to sign this contract and it gives you a boost at the beginning of the season, as well as the end of the season last year. So I'm very happy.

"I always felt comfortable here. I made steps during my career, I say that I became a man here at this club, I signed when I was 19.

"When we had to make the decision I just wanted to speak with the club first and my entourage, but the feeling was always that I wanted to stay and extend my contract.

"It's an amazing club, we have a good group, the staff are amazing. Even coming into Melwood, the people that work here and everything, you feel there is something special going on here,'' Origi told Liverpoolfc.com.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...