Transfer: Liverpool sign Chelsea midfielder, reveal player's shirt number

Transfer: Liverpool sign Chelsea midfielder, reveal player's shirt number

Liverpool have officially confirmed the signing of midfielder, Jade Bailey, from Chelsea.

Bailey, who spent three years with the Blues, will now wear the number-eight shirt at Liverpool.

The club disclosed this in a statement posted on its official website on Tuesday.

"Liverpool FC Women have completed the signing of midfielder Jade Bailey from Chelsea.

"Bailey, 23, joins the Reds after three years in the capital, the last few months of which were spent on loan at Reading FC Women.

"Her footballing journey began at the Arsenal centre of excellence where she broke into the first team in 2013, going on to win two FA Cups and two Continental Cups.

"The 2016 switch to Chelsea Women saw her make 16 appearances in her debut season before serious injury intervened.

"She returned last season before joining Reading on loan in January."

"Bailey will wear the No.8 shirt for LFC Women," the statement read.

Speaking after signing for Liverpool, Bailey told the club's website: "It's such a great club and to be a part of that is just amazing. I want to be the best and I know there's still loads more to come.

"I have a belief in myself and know where I want to get to.

"There's a lot more to come from this team and it's nice to be a part of that and hopefully contribute to the success of the club."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...