Chelsea news: Ruben Loftus-Cheek commits future to Stamford Bridge by signing new five-year contract

Ruben Loftus-Cheek has signed a new five-year contract with Chelsea, the Premier League club have announced.

The 23-year-old, who has been at the club since he was eight, scored ten goals in 40 appearances last season after breaking into the first-team.

He is currently recovering from a serious Achilles injury suffered towards the end of the campaign.

"I'm really happy and pleased that I get to stay here for another five years. It's the place where I've grown up playing and hopefully I'll be playing here for a lot longer,' he told the club's official website.

"At eight or nine years old, of course you never think you'll be here for so long because you just want to enjoy yourself and play with your friends.

"When I look back and see how the hard work has paid off, it's a good feeling. That only makes me want to work harder to achieve more in the future.

"I hope to win a lot more trophies with the team and personally it's just about trying to do as well as I can and work hard to be a key player for Chelsea."

Chelsea news: Ruben Loftus-Cheek commits future to Stamford Bridge by signing new five-year contract

Ruben Loftus-Cheek has committed his future to Chelsea until 2024

New Chelsea manager Frank Lampard is expected to rely heavily on youth due to the club's two-window transfer ban.

The midfielder will miss the chance to impress during pre-season due to a ruptured Achilles tendon, but his recovery is going smoothly.

On Thursday, Chelsea shared a video on social media as he walked unaided inside the Cobham training ground.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...