EPL: Redknapp reveals number of players Man United need to sign

EPL: Redknapp reveals number of players Man United need to sign

Former Tottenham manager, Harry Redknapp, has said that Manchester United are 'miles away' from challenging for the Premier League title.

He said the Red Devils could need six additional signings after the arrival of Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side have already signed Daniel James in an £18 million deal from Swansea City and are on the verge of announcing the acquisition of Wan-Bissaka for £50m from Crystal Palace.

"But Redknapp has warned Solskjaer that an overhaul of his squad is still needed and believes United could slip out of the top six in the Premier League next season," Redknapp told Sky Sports.

"I think next season we might see one of the big six dropping out.

"I'm not sure how strong Arsenal are defensively and, unless they bring some players in, I don't see where they're going to be next year.

"I honestly think Manchester United are the same.

"Wan-Bissaka has a big future, but I think they need four, five, maybe even six players. I think they're miles away.

"Man United need to bring in good players to give Ole Gunnar Solskjaer the chance to be successful and, looking at it at the moment, I wouldn't see them making the top four.

"They need to restructure that team, there's an awful lot of work that needs to be done there to get them challenging for the title again.

"Someone might creep into that top six next year, it would make a good change, wouldn't it?

"I think maybe Everton, they finished strongly last year, and West Ham will be closer this year.

"West Ham have made a couple of good signings and they could be a team that could certainly get closer.

"Even Wolves, they had a great season, they've got some fantastic players and they could be one of the teams getting in there."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...