Transfer: Eto'o tells Salah new club to join, blasts Egypt

Transfer: Eto'o tells Salah new club to join, blasts Egypt

Cameroon legend, Samuel Eto'o has advised Egypt superstar, Mohamed Salah, to leave Liverpool.

He also told the former Chelsea star to join La Liga champions, Barcelona.

Eto'o spoke to journalists after Egypt's 1-0 African Cup of Nations victory over Zimbabwe on Friday.

Eto'o, who played for Everton and Chelsea in the Premier League, hit out at Egypt's style of play in the victory and believes Salah's team-mates must offer him more support on the field.

"If Egypt keep performing this way they will suffer in the upcoming games," Eto'o said.

"The Egyptian national team suffered, especially in attack, as Salah was always far from the strikers and that's why he wasn't very present during the game.

"Everyone was passing the ball to Salah; the team has to start playing as a unit which wasn't the case."

Asked about the chance to join either Real Madrid or Barcelona the Cameroonian added, "Barcelona would be a better fit.

"Real gave me the opportunity to leave Africa but I know Barcelona's style and I think it would be better for him.

"If he has the chance to play in the best league of the world, which is the Spanish one, he has to sign for Barcelona.

"Mo has everything to be one of the best players in the world."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...