Sad as Hazard reveals what ex-Chelsea teammate told him ahead of Real Madrid switch

Sad as Hazard reveals what ex-Chelsea teammate told him ahead of Real Madrid switch

Eden Hazard has opened upon that compatriot and former Blues goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois pleaded with him to leave Chelsea for Real Madrid.

The Belgium star sealed a five-year contract with Los Blancos and was officially unveiled on Thursday, June 13, at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Hazard netted 110 times for Chelsea in 353 appearances since making the switch from Lille in 2012 before moving on to the Galaticos in a deal reported to exceed £150m.

The former Blues playmaker will now reunite with ex- Blues shot-stopper Courtois at Madrid and has hinted his countryman was eager to see him at Real.

"I've talked a lot with Thibaut about Madrid, he told me that if I had even a tiny chance to come here I had to take it because it's the greatest team in the world," Hazard said.

"He's a good friend and I'm very happy that he's here too, and I hope we can win many trophies together," noted Hazard, whose seven years stint at west London has seen his rise to a Chelsea legend, netting twice to win the Europa League in Baku.

The 28-year-old took to his official Facebook page to explain to fans why he decided to move on.

"Leaving Chelsea is the biggest and toughest decision in my career to date.

"I hope you understand I had to pursue my next chapter, just as each and every one of you should when you have the chance to pursue your dreams.

"Now it's in the open I would like to put on record one thing was always clear to me, I have loved every moment at Chelsea and not once did I ever consider, nor would I have left for any other club," Hazard submitted.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...