Champions League: Lucas Moura finally reacts to Tottenham's 2-0 defeat to Liverpool, speaks on Pochettino

Champions League: Lucas Moura finally reacts to Tottenham's 2-0 defeat to Liverpool, speaks on Pochettino

Tottenham Hotspur forward, Lucas Moura, has finally reacted to his side's Champions League final 2-0 defeat to Liverpool over the weekend at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium in Madrid.

Moura stated that he respected Tottenham manager, Mauricio Pochettino's decision for benching him against Liverpool, adding that he was sad and very proud of his teammates despite the loss.

Pochettino opted to play Heung-min Son, Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Christian Eriksen against the Reds as goals from Mohamed Salah and Divock Origi ensured Jurgen Klopp's side defeated Tottenham.

"I was very, very sad. It is normal, I wanted to win. I really thought it was possible," Moura was quoted by Evening Standard as saying.

"I am sad but very proud of my teammates, my team. I think we had a wonderful season. It was not easy to reach the final.

"He [Pochettino] must choose a starting XI, I must respect it. Most importantly, I was ready to play. I was on the bench thinking about what I could do to help the team.

"When I entered, I tried to do the best but it was not possible. It is football; you have to respect the coach."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...