Real Madrid explain why Eden Hazard will not get his trademark jersey number

Real Madrid explain why Eden Hazard will not get his trademark jersey number

Eden Hazard will not be handed the No.10 jersey used at Chelsea when he finally makes the switch to Real Madrid.

The Los Blancos are yet to resolves issues bothering on transfer fee with the Blues chiefs, but remain upbeat of meeting Chelsea's demands in the coming days, according to reports.

The Belgian star has 12 months left on his current deal at Stamdord Bridge, with Real Madrid expected to cough out over a £100m for the playmaker, who is closing in to become Zinedine Zidane first signing since returning as manager at the Santiago Bernabeu.

During his stay at west London, Hazard used the No.10 jersey, inheriting the number from Juan Mata after the Spaniard left for Man United in January 2014.

According to The Metro citing UK Sun, Hazard will have to settle for Cristiano Ronaldo's old No.7 shirt when completes the move to the Spanish capital with Los Blancos eggheads not ready to strip current Ballon d'Or holder Luka Modric the No.10 jersey.

However, forward Mariano Diaz, who uses the No. 7 since arriving from Lyon is expected to give up the jersey.

Already, Hazard has confirmed his departure moments after Chelsea's Europa League win over Arsenal in Baku, Azerbaijan netting a brace along with an assist.

"We will decide in a few days and the only target in my mind was to win this final," Hazard was 1uoted as saying to BT Sport.

"I have made my decision already and now I'm waiting on both clubs, like you wait and the fans wait. You will know in a couple of days.

"I think it is a goodbye, but in football you never know.

"You know, my dream was to play in the Premier League and I have done that for one of the biggest clubs in the world so maybe now it is the time for a new challenge," he summed up.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...