Chelsea's Pedro becomes first player ever to win these five trophies after Europa League triumph

Chelsea's Pedro becomes first player ever to win these five trophies after Europa League triumph

Chelsea forward Pedro made history on Wednesday night when his side thrashed Arsenal 4-1 to win the Europa League in Baku.

The 31-year-old scored the second goal of the night as he swept home past Petr Cech to give the Blues a 2-0 lead, before a brace from Eden Hazard made the scoreline all the more impressive.

The Spaniard lifted the giant trophy in Azerbaijan, which meant he become the first player in history to win the Europa League, Champions League, World Cup, European Championship and Premier League.

That is not even the extent of the medals in his collection, having won La Liga, the Copa del Rey, the UEFA Super Cup and the FIFA Club World Cup as well.

It has been an incredible run of success for Barcelona, Spain and Chelsea since making his Barca debut in 2007.

'I can retire now!' Pedro told Chelsea's official website.

'Another title is good for me! It's the first time I have played the Europa League and to win it is special. I'm very happy to score, and now we can enjoy it all together, with the supporters as well who deserve it.

'We won in a very good way, playing very well and scoring a lot of goals. The first half was even, but we moved the ball so fast in the second half, controlling the ball, passing between the lines and creating chances.

'It's an unbelievable feeling for us to win this title. We deserved it.'

The winger is heading into the final year of his contract, which expires in the summer of 2020, after signing a one-year extension last year.

Pedro said in August 2018: 'It is very good for me, I am really happy here in the club, with my team-mates, the supporters and the club in general.

'It's important for me to continue with Chelsea, I am comfortable here and want to win new titles and trophies. I want to help the team, score goals, and I repeat, I am really happy.'

He has made 183 appearances for the Blues, scoring 41 goals since arriving from Barcelona for £19m in 2015.

Pedro's Trophy Cabinet

Barcelona

La Liga: 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2012-13, 2014-15

Copa del Rey: 2008-09, 2011-12, 2014-15

Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013

UEFA Champions League: 2008-09, 2010-11, 2014-15

UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015

FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011

Chelsea

Premier League: 2016-17

FA Cup: 2017-18

UEFA Europa League: 2018-19

Spain

FIFA World Cup: 2010

UEFA European Championship: 2012

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...