Europa League final: Lacazette speaks on 'rivalry' with Aubameyang

Europa League final: Lacazette speaks on 'rivalry' with Aubameyang

Alexandre Lacazette says there are no ill feelings between himself and fellow Arsenal striker, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The two players are set to lead the line for the Gunners on Wednesday in the Europa League final against Chelsea.

Aubameyang finished the Premier League campaign in a three-way tie for the Golden Boot alongside Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah on 22 goals, solidifying his place among the world's best goalscorers.

Lacazette, on his part, bagged 13 goals himself, good for a place in the Premier League's top 10.

But the Frenchman insists that there's no jealousy between himself and the Gabon international.

"Me, I am not jealous of anyone. I just want to win trophies, Auba as well.

"Of course it is always better to play together, but when one plays and the other stays on the bench you just have to help the team when you can.

"Yeah (it does feel telepathic), but sometimes it is wrong! Sometimes he goes left and I put the ball right. But normally we work a lot to be on the same wavelength. We want to be as perfect as possible.

"Of course, the coach knows we want to play together but of course he has to make a choice and we have to respect them. Playing with Auba is always a pleasure for me," Lacazette told the UK Mirror.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...