Panic at Stamford Bridge as 1 other Chelsea star set to dump the club this summer

Panic at Stamford Bridge as 1 other Chelsea star set to dump the club this summer

Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso has hinted that he might be leaving the Stamford Bridge this summer in spite of the club's inability to sign players in the next two transfer windows.

The 28-year-old Spaniard scored two goals and four assists in 31 Premier League appearances for the Blues last season.

He has also scored two goals in four Europa League appearances so far, and will hope to increase his tally when his side battle Arsenal in the final of the UEFA organised competition.

However, SunSport quoting Evening Standard claims the Spanish football star wants to leave Chelsea owing to his lack of form under Italian boss Maurizio Sarri.

When asked about how he feels at his present club, Alonso said: " I am very happy here but we will see what happens this summer .

"There is always talk [like this]. Is it a compliment? Yes. It means I'm doing well if other teams are trying to get in touch.

"But first of all, I'm focusing on the final. I am very happy to have four more years here and hopefully, I will stay many more years here ."

Alonso was one of the few players brought in by former boss Antonio Conte and played a crucial role in the Blues Premier League triumph in 2017.

The following year, he won the FA Cup with the London club after beating Manchester United by a lone goal at Wembley Stadium on May 19, 2018.

He has however struggled since Sarri's arrival, with the Italian deploying him as an orthodox left-back over his more-favoured wing-back role.

His performances have seen him targeted for criticism from Chelsea's fans and he was left on the bench for both legs of the semi-final against Eintracht Frankfurt.

He added: " For me personally, the path changed. I started very well, then the manager wanted different things from me.

"After that, I was trying to do what he wanted and then he told me he wanted to play like I was at the beginning of the season. So maybe that has conditioned a little bit the way of my game .

"Has the criticism from the fans affected me? No. Football is like this."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...