Breaking: Premier League top club appoint new manager

Breaking: Premier League top club appoint new manager

Premier League outfit Brighton & Hove Albion have appointed Graham Potter as their new head coach ahead of the coming season.

The Seagulls terminated the appointment of their former boss Chris Hughton after narrowly escaping relegation at the end of the recently concluded EPL season.

Hughton, 60, helped the Amex Stadium outfit gain promotion to the English topflight in the 2016-17 season, after finishing second on the EFL table a season before.

The club have however taken a step to avoid such repeating itself when the 2019-20 season kicks off in about three months time.

Brighton announced on their official website that they have handed the former Swansea City coach a four year deal this month.

The Swans under Potter finished tenth on the Championship log in the recently concluded season after arriving Liberty Stadium from Ostersund in the summer of 2018.

"Graham Potter has been appointed Brighton & Hove Albion's new head coach with immediate effect, having agreed a four-year contract ," Brighton said on their website.

While reacting to his new appointment by the Premier League side, Potter said that: " I was sold by the long-term vision and passion shown by Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and Dan Ashworth .

"The ideas and plans they have for the future of this football club excited me; I am thrilled and honoured to be a part of it .

"This club has been on an incredible journey and my aim along with Bjorn [Hamberg], Kyle [Macauley] and Billy [Reid], is to ensure the great work that has gone before us is built on, as we strive to cement our place in the Premier League for many years to come ."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...