What Ander Herrera told Man United fans as he leaves Old Trafford

What Ander Herrera told Man United fans as he leaves Old Trafford

Manchester United midfielder, Ander Herrera has sent a message to the club's fans as he confirms his departure from Old Trafford.

The club had earlier announced that the Spaniard will be leaving, amid reports he will join Paris Saint-Germain at the end of the season.

The 29-year-old, who was named the club's Player of the Year by United fans in 2016-17, has made 132 Premier League appearances during five seasons at Old Trafford.

Herrera has started 16 of United's league matches this season, struggling to hold down a regular place as he once did under Jose Mourinho.

In an emotional video message posted via the club's official Twitter account, Herrera said:

"There is red in my heart. I knew it from the first time I played here and in the moment that I started to wear it.

"A club with thousands of fans that respect and remember all the players who give everything.

"I felt special when I heard my name chanted. I felt proud when the fans decided I was part of this incredible history.

"Every time I represented this club, in every game, in wins and losses, even when I couldn't help from the grass I understood what this club means.

"I'm going to remember each of the almost 200 matches that I have played with this jersey because playing for the greatest club in England has been a true honour.

"Thanks for these five amazing years!"

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...